TestRail support the feature of Test Plan. It is very useful when user needs to manage multiple test runs and configuration for a project. Test plan allows to execute multiple test runs either many test suites or validation test against multiple configurations. When a user tests the project against different operating systems or web browsers are called as configuration.
Add Test Plan
To create a Test Plan, user should perform following steps
- Go to Test Runs & Result tab and click on the Add Test Plan button present at right side as shown below
- It opens Test Plan page where user should enter Name, Milestone and Description.
- User should add Test Run as well. The advisory message displays to Add Test Run from the side bar as shown below
- Click on Add Test Runs button present at side bar.
- It will add available test runs.
- Click on Configurations to configure test runs as shown in below screenshot
- It opens select configuration pop-up along with details of available configuration.
- If required configuration is not present, user can add new configuration by clicking on Add Group or Add Configuration link present at the pop up.
- Enter the name and click on Add Group/Configuration and after that click on OK as shown in below screenshot
User can see the selected Configuration against each Test Run. Now click on Add Test Plan button as displayed in below screenshot.