In Reports, users can create, view and export reports supported by TestRail. TestRail supports wide range of reports to track out the progress. These reports contain various filters to fetch most important information to prepare any of the metrics.
When user navigates to Reports section, it displays list of available reports for different activities at right panel as shown in below screenshots
Type of Reports
TestRail supports number of reports in different groups as explained below
- Cases These reports are related to test cases design.
- Activity Summary It shows a summary of new and updated test cases.
- Coverage for Reference It shows the test case coverage for references in coverage matrix.
- Property Distribution It shows a summary of test cases, grouped by attributes as Priority, Created By, Template, Type etc
- Status Tops It shows the test cases with the highest amount of results for the selected statuses, grouped by status.
- Defects These reports are related to defects found.
- Summary It shows a summary of found defects for a milestone, test plans or test runs.
- Summary for Cases It shows the summary of found defects for test cases in coverage matrix.
- Summary for References It shows a summary of found defects for references and their test cases in a coverage matrix.
- Results These reports are related to test run results.
- Comparison for Cases It shows the results for test cases in a coverage & comparison matrix.
- Comparison for References It shows the result for test cases in a coverage & comparison matrix.
- Property Distribution It shows a summary of tests, grouped by a selected attribute, for a given project, milestone or specific test run.
- Summary These reports provide summary of progress at milestone, plan or cases level.
- Milestone It shows the summary and overview of a milestone.
- Plan It shows the summary and overview of a test plan.
- Project It shows the summary and overview for the project.
- Runs It shows the summary and overview for one or multiple test runs.
- Workload Summary It shows the current workload for the users of entire project, a specific milestone or test runs.
Create a Report
All of reports follow the same steps for adding and configuring a report. Following steps should perform while adding a report
- Go to the report tab and click one of the listed reports at right side as displayed in following screenshot
OR, user can navigate to Overview, Test Runs & Results or Test Cases tab and click on Report icon. It will display list of available reports. Select one of among those.
- It displays Add Report − Activity Summary page.
- User should fill following fields
- Report Option User will select the characteristic of Report. Grouping & Changes Day, Month, Cases are available list to select. These list changes based on type of reports.Sections User can select either all section or specific section. Test Cases User can select or add what all columns and details should display in report.
Following screenshots display how to select Report option
- Access & Scheduling In this section, user defines privacy and schedule the generation time of the report repeatedly.This Report can be accessed by Select the option either Myself or EveryoneCreate this report check the checkbox for Right Now and/or Schedule this report and select occurrence and time.Once the report is ready Select option either as Notify by email or email a link to the report.
- Once all these selections are completed, click on Add Report button.
It will add the report into Report tab. Once user click on the added report link, it displays the report as following −
User can see the chart as well as tabular data as Day Vs changes/updated in details about report.
This Post Has 3 Comments
Very informative post.Thanks Again.
Pingback: David Bolno and Dr Stacy Pineles